Having being established long before Dalston was declared the ‘coolest place in Britain’. Located on Kinglsand road, Mezcal Cantina is a fantastic small unpretentious authentic Mexican restaurant. Enjoy all the Mexican fare that Mezcal Cantina has to offer with authentic recipes for salsa, stews, tacos, and more. Try their amazing Pozole. Here’s how to prepare their famous Cuitlacoche Crepes:
- 4 flour Tortillas
- 1 tinned Cuitlacoche La Costeña 380g
- 6 chopped Mushrooms into slices
- 3 garlic cloves finned chopped
- 100g jalapenos chillies
- 50g onion slices
- 100g sweet corn
- Salt to taste
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SAUCE
- 100g spinach
- 50g coriander
- 100g sour cream
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ onion
- Salt to Taste
- In a large pan place the mushrooms, garlic, jalapeno chillies, onions & the sweet corn and fry for 5-10 minutes.
- Place La Costena Cuitlacoche into the pan on a low heat for about 20 minutes.
METHOD (PART 2)
- In a pan, place the garlic and the onion until they are fried.
- Put the fried garlic and onion into a food processor and add the rest of the ingredients.
- In a hot pan, warm the flour tortillas.
- Fill the flour tortillas with the Cuitlacoche (Part 1)
- Add the sauce on the top of the flour tortilla with a layer of Mozzarella cheese.
- Put into the oven for 3 minutes.
- Serve with rice and La Costena refried pinto beans.
Note: Sharing is caring! We love it when you love our work so feel free to share what you like. However, if you need to modify or take only parts of this or any content on this website, please let us know and we can help!