Enchiladas en Salsa Verde or Green Sauce are one of the most traditional meals from Mexico. There are many recipes, some use red sauce or mole instead of the green salsa. Some are made with chicken and others with queso fresco. Whatever the variations, they are always delicious and in this case, very easy to put together.
- Cook the chicken in enough water to cover them, add onion, garlic and chicken stock cube. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Once is cooked drain and shred. Set aside.
- Heat Oven to 220C
- In a hot pan warm the tortillas until soft. Add a nice amount of the shredded chicken and roll the tortillas. Set each one of them on a baking tray. Continue until you have used all the chicken and the tortillas
- Pour a whole bottle of Salsa Verde La Costeña over the enchiladas.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese on top and place inside the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese melts. Set the grill on high and leave the enchiladas for a few more minutes until golden brown on top.
- Serve hot with salad and a nice dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
Note: Sharing is caring! We love it when you love our work so feel free to share what you like. However, if you need to modify or take only parts of this or any content on this website, please let us know and we can help!