Located in Maltby Street market and Duke of York Square Tamal UK is the perfect way of getting in touch with Mexican food. Specializing in Tamales this Mexican street stall is one of the favourites of Mexican people. Order them online or visit the fabulous food market.
- 825gr La Costeña Tender Cactus Nopalitos(1 Jar)
- 1/2 cup of thin sliced or finely chopped red onion
- 3 medium tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves (more if you like)
- 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1/4 teaspoon crumbled, dried Mexican oregano
- 1-2 La Costeña Jalapeños chilies, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 Cup refried Pinto beans La Costeña
- Shredded cheese (mozarella, cheddar, halloumi) (optional)
- Corn tortillas
Drain La Costeña jarred nopalitos. Place the nopalitos in a salad bowl and add the onion, tomatoes, coriander and chilies. Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and pour all over. Toss to blend well.
Heat La Costeña refried beans on a stove or in microwave.
Heat tortillas on a flat pan then wrap in a kitchen towel to keep them warm. Place them inside a bamboo steamer or any other plastic container with lid.
Place about 2 tablespoons of La Costena refried beans on the tortilla and top with another 2 tablespoons of the vegetable mixture. Top with some cheese if you like.
Note: Sharing is caring! We love it when you love our work so feel free to share what you like. However, if you need to modify or take only parts of this or any content on this website, please let us know and we can help!