Lupita is known as one of the most popular restaurants serving authentic Mexico City cuisine in London. Lupita is a true reflection of the incredible flavours, colours and aromas found throughout Mexico City..
- 500 gm cooked shredded beef brisquete
- 700 gm plum tomatoes
- 200 gm of Whole Tomatillos La Costeña
- 150 gm of Chipotles in Adobo La Costeña
- 1 Large Onion in slices * 1 whole onion clean and cut in halve
- 45 ml of corn oil
- 1 garlic clove minced * 1 sprig of marjoram
- 1 sprig of thyme *1 tea spoon of dry Mexican Oregano
- Cracked black pepper *½ Table spoon of Sea salt
Roast the plum tomatoes and 1 onion in halve on a flat non-stick pan until everything is soft and the skin is blackened.
Place in a mortar or a blender and add La Costeña Green Tomatillo and Chipotle in Adobo.
Blend perfectly with the pestle or the blender until you obtain a thick sauce and reserve.
Separately heat the corn in a skillet and sauté the onion slices stirring constantly until you get a golden colour. Add the minced garlic and gently sauté all together with the marjoram, thyme and Mexican oregano.
Pour the mixture of roasted tomatoes, La Costeña chipotle and tomatillo and medium fry for 10-15 minutes.
Season with cracked black pepper and add half of the salt. Stir and check the flavour.