Viva Tapas & Bebidas, a small bare-brick premises decorated with vintage furniture and kitsch bric-a-brac. Drinking happens under the watchful eyes of the Virgin of Guadeloupe – depicted on a giant mural, flickering from glass candles on the tables. Viva brings some Mexican flair and yummy Mexican tapas.
- 3-4 tomatoes, (seeds removed) finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, (seeds removed) finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 large lime, juice only
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 200g/7oz bags plain tortilla chips
- 200g/7oz tinned La Costena jalapeno chillies, drained, sliced
- 200g/7oz mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 x 150ml/5¼fl oz pot soured cream
- Small handful of chopped fresh coriander leaves
Mix all of the salsa ingredients together until well combined. Set aside for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the tortilla chips into a large ovenproof dish. Scatter over the sliced jalapeno peppers and grated cheese. Transfer to the oven and cook until the cheese has melted, about 4-5 minutes. To serve, spoon dollops of salsa and soured cream on top of the nachos. Sprinkle over the coriander leaves.