This frittata is the kind of dish that is very easy to put together because it can be adapted to any ingredients you have around in your fridge. The key to make it unique is to add some (or a lot) of Salsa Mexicana from La Costeña because it adds a delicious Mexican twist to it. Adding the salsa helps to keep the frittata moist and delicious! Here’s what you need to make it at home.
- 200 gr Baby Potatoes Halved or Quartered
- Mushrooms Sliced
- Red Onion Sliced
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Chistorra or Chorizo Sliced
- 6 Eggs
- Salsa Mexicana La Costeña
- Salt and Pepper
- Guajillo Chilli Flakes
Slice the chistorra or chorizo into even chunks and cook them on a hot skillet until they brown on both sides. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the sliced potatoes and cook them for 10 minutes until they are nicely brown. The chistorra or chorizo fat left on the skillet will be used thorough the whole cooking process. If you think is too much, remove some of it before adding the potatoes. Once the potatoes are nicely brown, remove from skillet and set aside. Add the asparagus, red onion and mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes until they start to brown. Return the potatoes and chorizo to the skillet and cook all together for 5 more minutes. Lightly beat the eggs and mix with some salt, pepper and the guajillo chilli flakes while you are cooking the ingredients. Add the Salsa Mexicana La Costeña to the skillet, roughly chopped coriander and the cherry tomatoes. Mix well and add the eggs mixture making sure everything is nicely covered. Cook until the egg is almost set. Finish on the grill to get a nice golden top.
This frittata is delicious hot and cold. Makes a fantastic lunch. Pair it with more salsa, crumbled cheese on top and salad on the side.
- Using an oven safe skillet is ideal if you want to finish the frittata under the grill. However, you can cook it completely on the cooker without a problem.
- Be careful when adding salt because the Salsa Mexicana has salt already as well as the chorizo or chistorra.
- Feel free to adapt this idea to your favourite ingredients! A vegetarian version works wonderfully too, just don’t forget to add a delicious salsa!